Cycle Speedway Teams Down the Ages
Humberside: Hull Saints
About the team
Tracks were at:
1. West Carr Lane, Sutton Fields, Hull(1973). Built on the site of the old tennis courts. Now part of the Sutton Fields Industrial Estate. The track was where Burnett Timber Suppliers are located today.
2. Noddle Hill Playing Fields, Noddle Hill Way, Brandsholme, Hull(1974-1977).
3.Greatfield Playing Fields, Stonebridge Park, Hull(1978).
Track Dimensions: 92yards x 18ft, shale/packed earth surface.
Club Colours: Red/White, with White "Saint" figure.
Club Manager: Robin Coggle(1971-1977)
Club Chairman: B. Rewston(1978).
Club Secretary/Manager: D. Hilton, 13 St Peters Avenue, Anlaby, Hull(1978).
Raced in the Humberside League 1973-1978.
1973 Mike Hall won the Club News Open Individual, runner-up John Lamb(Kingston Cyclones), 3rd Andy Schofield(Anlaby Aces).
1974 Eddie Drury and Chris Prosser won the League Best Pairs.
1977 Mike Hall & Dave Pointon-Brown won the League Best Pairs.
1975 won the Winter League Championships(unbeaten), runners-up Anlaby Aces.
1976 won the League KO Cup, runners-up Anlaby Aces.
- K. Brown(1973)
- N. Chamberlain(1972)
- Andy Codd(1976/7)
- S. Cockill(1975)
- Russ Cook(1976/7)
- Eddie Drury(1973/4/5/6/7)
- S. Fewster(1975)
- Pete Fowler(1972)
- P. Gesney(1974)
- Mike Hall(1972/3/4/5/6/7)
- Brian Headley(1973)
- John Hunter(1972)
- G. Jenkinson(1975/6)
- Paul Kirkwood(1974)
- J. Mather(1977)
- T. Moore(1972)
- N. Morrod(1975)
- P. Orlesby(1972/3)
- G. Parker(1974)
- Dave Pointon-Brown(1972/3/4/5/6/7)
- S. Powell(1973)
- Chris Prosser(1972/3/4/5/6/7)
- John Prosser(1973/4/5)
- P. Roebuck(1974)
- S. Shaw(1976)
- S. Smith(1972)
- Ian Stainthorp(1972/3/4)
- P. Shillito(1972)
- R. Taylor(1972)
- T. Thompson(1977)
- B. Wilson(1976)